Photo: Bill Wippert
The Buffalo Sabres are having a rough season. They’re the worst team in the league and possibly one of the worst teams we’ve seen in this whole era. And yet, even a really bad team will beat a goalie sometimes. That’s exactly what happened on Sunday as the Sabres eked out a lead in the second period despite getting outpossessed like cray cray. No worries though, the Caps stole the game back and forced overtime. But then there was still the small matter of Ryan Miller.
After 39 scoreless minutes Drew Stafford tipped in Christian Ehrhoff’s shot while John Erskine checked his fantasy football scores or something. Troy Brouwer finally cracked Ryan Miller after 32 saved shots with a streaking snapper in the third. It stood like that through regulation and overtime.
- Matt Moulson got grub’d.
- Eric Fehr hates the shootout, doesn’t score.
- Tyler Ennis got grub’d.
- Alex Ovechkin rejected by a sidelong Miller.
- Zemgus Girgensons (really? that’s his name?) got grub’d.
- Nick Backstrom goes into the pads.
- Linus Omark got grub’d.
- Mikhail Grabovski wraps for naught.
- Brian Flynn got grub’d.
- Troy Brouwer missed high.
- Steve Ott roofed it to score.
- Mike Green rejected.
Sabres beat Caps 2-1 (Shootout)!