The Capitals are finishing up their lengthy road trip with a final stop in Toronto to face the Maple Leafs. Travis Boyd is staying in the lineup with Brendan Leipsic and Nic Dowd. On the Maple Leafs end, they’re missing captain John Tavares, but they’ve activated defenseman Travis Dermott from injured reserve. Keep your eyes open for a potential Justin Bieber sighting. Let’s do it.
Puck drop is at 7 PM and Chris will have your recap. He’s been very into archaeology these days, please drop by and give him your favorite metal detector YouTube videos.
|Shot Attempt %||52.8%||51.9%|
|Power Play||21.1% (16th)||25.0% (9th)|
|Penalty Kill||78.0% (22nd)||84.8% (8th)|
Expected lineup for this evening comes courtesy of Samantha Pell at the Washington Post:
Ovechkin – Backstrom – Oshie
Vrana – Kuznetsov – Wilson
Hagelin – Eller – Hathaway
Leipsic – Dowd – Boyd
Kempny – Carlson
Orlov – Gudas
Siegenthaler – Jensen
Oh no. NBCSN Washington’s Pete Hailey….this was an absolutely beautiful moment.
Say what?😂🤣😭💀💀 pic.twitter.com/EMJf3e5FWm
— Rex Chapman🏇🏼 (@RexChapman) October 28, 2019
Well, well, well. End of October, we meet again. Time to talk about the best Halloween Candy. This is my personal, and accurate, ranking of the best five types of candy you can get when you’re headed door-to-door. Sadly, I am definitely too old to go trick-or-treating…but I do eat candy.
1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Now, I think this might be an age thing because I wouldn’t have agreed with this a few years ago. The process of getting some cups, putting them in the freezer, and taking them out when you need a sweet treat? Priceless.
2. Snickers. They have everything you want in one bar. If you wanted a Milky Way or a 3 Musketeers bar, you don’t need to sweat it. Snickers has both of those combined plus a crunch. You cannot beat it.
3. Skittles. My go-to for the fruity candy. I would say Starburst, but we all know that Starburst is only good if it is pink or red.
4. Candy Corn Pumpkins. I genuinely don’t want to hear it. Candy corn is actually a great candy and the best part of the pumpkins? You only need a couple of them to satisfy your craving. They pack a whole lot more flavor.
5. Milk Duds. I think I am the last person on the planet that still eats these, but they are just gobs of mess. As a gob of mess myself, I like a candy that I can personally relate to and also enjoy eating on top of popcorn.
Russian Machine Never Breaks is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.
All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)– unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.