By Ian Oland
The Washington Capitals have announced some news ahead of their White House visit on Monday. The team will only take part in a private tour and meet Donald Trump in the Oval Office. There’ll be no official ceremony or media availability.
The Washington Post’s Isabelle Khurshudyan first reported the news.
Capitals announce there will be no official ceremony or media availability while the team is in the White House. The team will take part in a private tour and will meet the President in the Oval Office.
— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) March 21, 2019
The tamping down of the visit comes as the Mueller Report reportedly could drop at any day and Trump’s approval rating remains in the low 40s. Trump spent time Wednesday attacking John McCain, who died in late August.
“I think it’s an amazing opportunity,” Capitals head coach Todd Reirden said Wednesday. “I will be going and be happy to be going.”
Several players may not attend. Brett Connolly announced he wouldn’t earlier in the week while Braden Holtby will make an announcement about his decision, likely Friday after the team’s morning skate.
“I understand our players and their decisions and I respect it,” Reirden said. “They’re allowed to make their own decisions. It’s important that we support them in whatever decision that they make.”
Russian Machine Never Breaks is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.
All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)– unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.