The Capitals have traveled down south to face off against the Carolina Hurricanes. Tom Wilson is back in, Christian Djoos is out after some surgery, and I would definitely like to see another hat trick from Alex Ovechkin. Seriously, the man is on fire with a point streak now at 12 games and 25 goals already under his belt. If he keeps up this hot streak, I think we’ll need to call the fire department. (Bad joke, I wish I was even a little sorry.)
Puck drop is at 7:30PM and you can watch on NBCSWA on television or streamin’ on your smart device! Chris from the Comments will meet you back here with a recap to close out the night.
|Shot Attempt %||56.2%||48.9%|
Important things to note: Andre Burakovsky and Chandler Stephenson are out. Christian Djoos had surgery yesterday and is out indefinitely. Tom Wilson is back in the lineup. Miss Isabelle Khurshudyan at the Washington Post continues to be the MVP of lineup news:
Ovechkin – Backstrom – Oshie
Vrana – Kuznetsov – Wilson
Connolly – Eller – DSP
Jaskin – Dowd – Boyd
Kempny – Carlson
Orlov – Niskanen
Siegenthaler – Bowey
Hey Auston….maybe just think about joining the Caps? But, like, it would kind of have to be for free? Or I can offer you the 23 cents and one yellow starburst I have in my pocket.
— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) December 14, 2018
I feel like I get myself into this fight every single year, but I want to know what your favorite holiday movies are. Personally, I celebrate Christmas so these are gonna be Christmas-themed. But I want to hear any holiday-esque suggestion…except for Die Hard. I don’t care about Die Hard and I don’t know why Die Hard fans are so RUDE about Die Hard!!!!
Here’s my top five(ish):
1. Elf. You know how during WWII, when the only way that people could check to hear if their loved ones fighting were still alive, they had to keep the radio broadcasts on 24/7? That’s my sister and this movie the MOMENT Thanksgiving is over. I also find Will Ferrell funny.
2. The Holiday, or as I like to call it, “that movie we all should be obsessed with this time of year instead of Love, Actually”. Maybe I just like Jude Law, honestly who’s to say.
3. The Santa Clause franchise. I specifically love the Santa Clause 2, but I’ll take any of them.
4. The Shop Around the Corner. You’ve Got Mail is one of my favorite movies. So. I don’t have another option but to list this.
5. There is a tie between A Charlie Brown Christmas and Christmas Vacation. Both timeless.
Headline photo: Rob Carr/Getty Images North America
Russian Machine Never Breaks is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.
All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)– unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.