Meaningful-ish: Bolts beat Caps 3-2 in shootout
I guess the Washington Capitals are still emerging from the sleepiness of the pause. Judging by their intermittent effort in Monday’s first round-robin game, it’s not going to be throwing a switch. To get the Caps back at the appropriate level of playoff intensity will be a process.
Lars Eller goofed up a breakout to give Nikita Kucherov a gimme against Holtby for the game’s first goal. Mitchell Stephens made it 2-0 with a funky rebound in the second period, but the Caps struck back. Richard Panik grinded out a trash goal to get the Caps on the board, and then Evgeny Kuznetsov got one on the power play to tie the game late in the second period. The third period didn’t change that score, so we got to see some three-on-three overtime.
Overtime gave us nothing, so here they come. You know you missed them…
- Victor Hedman did not put the biscuit in the basket.
- TJ Oshie put the biscuit in the basket. Of course he did. So reliable.
- Brayden Point put the biscuit in the basket.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov did not put the biscuit in the basket.
- Nikita Kucherov put the biscuit in the basket. Off the post and in.
- Nicklas Backstrom did not put the biscuit in the basket.
By Peter Hassett 3 years ago