The Washington Capitals are away this evening to face the Boston Bruins. My personal nemesis, Jaroslav Halak, will be in net for the Bruins tonight while they try to tie the Capitals in wins. On the good guys side, there are some quick lineup changes to note. Nicklas Backstrom is back in after missing last game due to illness and Andre Burakovsky is back to the bench as a healthy scratch.
We are back to a normal puck drop time at 7PM! You can catch every second of that sweet, sweet action on NBCSWA. Can’t make it to a television set this evening? No problem, you can stream all of NBCSWA’s pregame, in-game, and postgame coverage via the My Teams app on all of your usual streaming devices. Don’t miss me too much because I also have your recap.
|Shot Attempt %||52.2%||49.4%|
|Power Play||28.5% (3rd)||21.5% (10th)|
|Penalty Kill||81.1% (11th)||78.0% (23rd)|
Queen Isabelle from the Washington Post is our trusty source for the lines. Current healthy scratches include Andre Burakovsky, Madison Bowey, and Dmitrij Jaškin:
Ovechkin – Kuznetsov – Wilson
Vrana – Backstrom – Oshie
Connolly – Eller – Boyd
Stephenson – Dowd – DSP
Kempny – Carlson
Orlov – Niskanen
Orpik – Siegenthaler
The last time the Flyers were in the Stanley Cup Final was in 2010 and they lost to the Chicago Blackhawks. A true fall from grace.
A new low for the Flyers… pic.twitter.com/Cnq9MsLALQ
— Chris Jastrzembski (@CFJastrzembski) January 10, 2019
A heated topic of conversation earlier today in the RMNB slack chat. What is your power ranking of people named….Chris. Mine is below and please let us know if we are missing a particularly important one.
1. Chris Bailey: I am obligated to put this. He is my father.
2. Chris Pine: Have you ever seen his face before? It’s a good one. Kind of unreal he never received an Oscar for his performance as Nicholas in Princess Diaries 2, but whatever.
3. Chris O’Dowd: Humor is the key here. This is a funny man.
4. Chris Evans: Charming. I think I’ve only seen him in those Fantastic Four movies when Jessica Alba was the invisible girl.
5. Chris from the Comments: Again, an obligation.
6. Chris Hemsworth: I don’t really care about Chris Hemsworth? He’s a cutie with an accent, so that gets points. I have only ever seen him in “Cabin in the Woods.” You are probably just now noticing I haven’t seen most of the Superhero movies. I’m not sorry about it and I need everyone to stop yelling at me to go see them.
7. Chris Messina: Sharp Objects and The Mindy Project. Had to be demoted because I didn’t understand his blonde hair at the Golden Globes over the weekend. If he fixes it, we can reevaluate.
I did not leave Chris Pratt out by accident. That’s all I will say.
Headline photo: Patrick Smith/Getty Images North America
Russian Machine Never Breaks is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.
All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)– unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.