This article is over 4 years old

Tom Wilson will not appeal seven-game suspension

Washington forward Tom Wilson has chosen not to appeal his suspension, Elliotte Friedman reported on Sunday evening.

On Saturday, the department of player safety suspended Wilson for seven games for his hit to the head of Boston defender Brandon Carlo.

From Friedman:

In 2018, Wilson’s twenty-game suspension was reduced by an arbitrator to fourteen, but only after he had already missed sixteen games. An appeal this time around would have been unlikely to be completed before Wilson was due to return, March 20. However, by choosing not to appeal, Wilson will have to pay a fine of more than $300,000.

Meanwhile, Boston head coach Bruce Cassidy said on Friday that Carlo will be “out for a while” and implied that Carlo’s head injury was indeed a concussion.

“You can probably make your own call on that one,” Cassidy told the Boston Globe, “considering the hit was directly to his head.”

Headline photo: Cara Bahniuk

RMNB is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHLPA, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.

All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International – unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.

zamboni logo