Washington Capitals fans loved the ice resurfacer gravy boat giveaway during Thanksgiving this season. The demand for the gravy deliverers was so much that many boats were selling on eBay for over $100.
Turns out, Caps fans weren’t the only ones going crazy over this unique giveaway. In a countdown for the best giveaway of the 2017-18 season, the NHL named the gravy boats the second best promotion.
The ice resurfacer was a giveaway to season ticket holders and fans who bought a special ticker package for the November 22 CapsGiving game against Ottawa. The Thanksgiving special game is an annual tradition in DC and seems to be one of the highest attended games every season.
10) Buffalo Sabres: Dominik Hasek bobblehead
9) Winnipeg Jets: Dale Hawerchuk mini banner
8) Arizona Coyotes: Obiz-Wan Kenobi bobblehead
7) Anaheim Ducks: Patrick Eaves beard
6) Vegas Golden Knights: Marc-Andre Fleury paper mask
5) San Jose Sharks: Los Tiburones jersey
4) San Jose Sharks: Shirtless Thornton bobblehead
3) Chicago Blackhawks: Joel Quenneville mustache
2) Washington Capitals: Capitals gravy boat
1) Detroit Red Wings: Dylan Larkin ‘D-Boss’ bobblehead
Russian Machine Never Breaks is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.
All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)– unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.