Breaking into the hockey world is something that many dream of, but opportunities don’t come around often.
That’s why we wanted to share this opportunity. The Hershey Bears are hiring a Game Day intern. You can apply on at hersheyjobs.com.
— Hershey Jobs (@HersheyJobs) August 1, 2017
The job is mostly a weekend gig (Wednesdays and Fridays as well) from mid-October to the beginning of May. Interns are expected to do a variety of jobs from helping with promotions during game day, handing out notes to media, and helping with special events. Applicants must be 18-years-old or older and be enrolled in college. The job pays $9 an hour.
The Hershey Bears Game Day Intern will assist the Production Supervisor with the coordination and execution of game day operations. The intern will be responsible for making sure all details for game day are carried out in a professional and smooth manner. This is a hands-on opportunity to prepare and conduct a professional game atmosphere for the enjoyment of Hershey Bears fans. During the internship, interns will have the opportunity to network with not only all of the bears staff, but also National Hockey League officials, American Hockey League officials, professional scouts, Hershey Entertainment & Resorts personnel, and sponsors.
- Compile and distribute all media notes, press notes, and news clippings.
- Coordinate Rink of Dreams activities which include the following: Making sure all players enter and park in the correct locations, announcing Rink of Dreams Games, operating the time clock and scoreboard, and making sure all participants have had a good time and exit the building properly.
- Complete pre-game duties such as moving all promotional items into place for distribution prior to games, helping sponsors to their designated tables prior to doors opening, and meeting the Game Night Emcee with the proper prizing and script for each promotion.
- Oversee proper operation during the game. Duties include, but are not limited to: Choosing the contestants for each promotion during the game, preparing and informing each contestant for their designated promotion, making sure contestants are promptly in the proper location, informing the visiting teams’ stars that they are a star of the game and when they are to go out on the ice.
- Faxing and distributing the official game sheets.
- Preparing and conducting the Ham and Turkey Shoots, Autograph Night, and Jersey Auctions.
- Assisting with the Coco’s Kids Club parties, season ticket holder events, and charity events
- Work in conjunction with the Manager of Season Tickets to identify and call leads for Hershey Bears Season Tickets
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Group Sales with the coordination of Hershey Bears related group mailings
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Group Sales with data entry of group prospects.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Group Sales with group ticket mailings.
- Oversee the data collection and input for the Hershey Bears Coco’s Kids Club
- Develop a monthly newsletter for the Hershey Bears Coco’s Kids Club
- Coordinate monthly mailing of Hershey Bears Coco’s Kids Club member birthday cards
- Assist with preparing upcoming game information for the Hershey Bears gameday program.
- Sort game day photos for use by the American Hockey League, Hershey Bears Social Media Outlets, Group Sales, Youth Hockey Programs and Corporate Partnerships.
- Print and Organize Credentials and Game Packets
- Work in conjunction with the Manager of Communications to develop player features for the Hershey Bears Hockey Club Weekly Release
- Assist with preparation of promotional materials to support Hershey Bears in game activities.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior status enrolled in an undergraduate program as of the Fall 2017 season.
- Will accept graduate students within the last year (December 2016).
- Sports Marketing/Management, Marketing, Event Planning majors are highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Programs Excel and Word.
- Experience working with Photoshop preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks
- Must be able to express enthusiasm for the sport and the fans
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of guests, employees, and professionals within the sport of Ice Hockey Ice skating experience is a plus
- Must be available to attend all Hershey Bears home games and other related events, as assigned.
- Must be available to work one day shift during the week.
- Schedule includes mid-October through the beginning of May. Hours are approximately 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM on Saturdays, 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM on Sundays, and Wednesdays/Fridays times 4:30 PM to 11:00 PM.
- Must be able to follow the professional appearance standards established by Hershey Entertainment & Resorts and the American Hockey League.
Russian Machine Never Breaks is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.
All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)– unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.