During the World Cup of Hockey, Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby did a modeling gig with GOTSTYLE, a Toronto-based retail store.
Not only did Holtby try on a few suits and t-shirts for the brand, he also answered 20 questions for the company’s YouTube channel. In the video, we learn that Holtby’s celebrity man crush is Derek Jeter and that his biggest weakness, among “many,” is that “I’m not very socially outgoing.”
Holtby also can’t help but laugh after he names his favorite post-game meal. “I can’t usually eat after games so I go straight to the wine usually.”
Here’s the full transcript.
Hi, I’m Braden Holtby, a goaltender for the Washington Capitals. Today I’m answering 20 questions for GOTSTYLE.
1) Greatest goalie of all-time? Marty Brodeur because he’s the wins leader.
2) Ironman or Captain America? Have to go with Ironman on that one.
3) Last show you binge watched on Netflix? That would be Orange is the New Black actually. It’s a great show!
4) Killers or Green Day? I’d have to go with Green Day.
5) 3 Pizza toppings? Ham, pineapple, and jalapeno. Weird goalie.
6) Great Western or Bud Light? I’d have to go with Great Western.
7) Best Tragically Hip song? New Orleans is sinkin.
8) Taylor Swift or Rihanna? I’ll go with Option C.
9) Pre-game pump-up jam? I’m pretty mellow before games.
10) Where’s home? Lloydminster, Saskatchewan.
11) Celebrity man crush? Derek Jeter.
12) Goto post-game meal? I usually can’t eat after games so I go straight to the wine usually.
13) Best advice ever given? Never have two bad games in a row.
14) Favorite rink to play in would be MSG.
15) Describe success in two words? Hard work.
16) Greatest weakness? Oh god, there’s too many. I’m not very socially outgoing.
17) Canada or USA. Obviously it’s Canada.
18) Last movie you watched? Mr. Fantastic?
19) Celebrity style icon would be a mix of Johnny Depp and John Mayer.
20) Best style in the whole league? Ooooo. That’s a good question. I’d probably go with Erik Karlsson maybe?
In the video, Holtby also models a Canada Owns Hockey shirt, which can be bought for $39.00 online.
A photo posted by GOTSTYLE (@shopgotstyle) on
Here are a few other modeling shots he took.
Thanks to Angela Williams for the heads up!
Russian Machine Never Breaks is not associated with the Washington Capitals; Monumental Sports, the NHL, or its properties. Not even a little bit.
All original content on russianmachineneverbreaks.com is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)– unless otherwise stated or superseded by another license. You are free to share, copy, and remix this content so long as it is attributed, done for noncommercial purposes, and done so under a license similar to this one.